Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Well, well, well. It's been a busy week already, and it's only Wednesday. I played some records at the Fourthcity Weekly on Monday night. Great times. Those guys have created a wicked thing down there. It never fails to blow me away that they can pull in such a good crowd, and create such a good vibe, all on a Monday night, week by week. Fantastic.

Introcut and djn started it out with some nice hip-hop beats, and a little jungle, replete with scratchaction. Kris Moon, winner of Fridays' laptop battle, played a surprisingly restrained set, quite ambient even, but beautiful just the same. Then I played some records. Rama went "Bam, Bam" and took it up a notch, 2-step style with toasting by Ali getting the ladies on the fuh-loor. Obelus's live performance was refreshingly physical. It's great to see an actual drummer hitting actual drums, and doubly so when he's wearing a headlamp like a spelunker. Zapan closed the night out right with some great hiphop turntablism.

Then last night I had the priviledge of playing an atmospheric set at polygraphic @ the aurafice cafe. It was fun to play all the stuff I don't normally, and not worry about beatmatching. "Layer upon layer upon layer".

So, two late nights in a row, and I feel kind of delerious right now. Hopefully I'll catch up on my sleep before the big one on Saturday.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?